I bought the Monopoly Speed Die game (silly me! LOL) and to my surprise all that was different was the extra speed die, so I started thinking, I bet I could make the die and share the info with others.
The new speed die has six sides, Mr Monopoly on two sides, a 1, 2, and a 3, and a Bus on one side
So to make the speed die you will need one or two (incase you mess up LOL) dice any color other than white with black dots, red or blue works best, a black sharpie marker.
The 4, 5 and 6 are missing from the speed die and if you look the Mr Monopoly he looks like a "X" and the bus looks like an "O" so I made an "X" on the 4 and the 5 and a "O" on the 6. Make sure you color in the dots all the way!!
Just print out the speed die rules below and start playing!!
Now there’s a faster way to play MONOPOLY. Choose to play by the classic rules for buying, renting and selling properties or use the Speed Die to get into the action faster. If you’ve never played the classic MONOPOLY game, refer to the Classic Rules. If you already know how to play and want to use the Speed Die, just read the section below for the additional Speed Die rules.
Learning how to play with the Speed Die is as fast as playing with it.
1. When starting the game, hand out an extra $1,000 to each player (two $500s should work). The game moves fast and you’ll need the extra cash to buy and build.
2. Do not use the Speed Die until you’ve landed on or passed over GO for the first time. Once you collect that first $200 salary, you’ll use the Speed Die for the rest of the game. This means that some players will start using the die before others.
3. Once you start using the Speed Die, roll it along with the two white dice on your turn. Then do the following depending on what you rolled.
1, 2, or 3: Add this number to the roll of the two white dice. You’ll zoom around the board.
BUS: This lets you “get off the bus early.” Look at the two white
dice. You can move the value of one die, the other die, or the sum of both dice. So if you rolled a 1 and a 5, you can move 1 space, 5 spaces, or 6 spaces. It’s your choice.
Mr. Monopoly: First, move the sum of the two white dice
and resolve the space you land on (such as drawing a card, buying the property paying rent, etc.). Then, one of two
things will happen depending on whether or not there is still property in the bank.
YES, there is property in the bank — Advance to the NEXT
property that the bank still holds and buy it if you wish. If you don’t want to buy this property move to the space anyway
and put the property up for auction.
NO, there are no more properties in the bank Advance to the NEXT property on which you will owe another player money.
A few minor details:
• Only the white dice are used when determining if you rolled doubles. Do not look at the Speed Die.
• If you roll a three-of-a-kind (all of the dice show the same number), you can move anywhere you want on the board!
• If you get sent to jail during your move (either by landing on the “Go
to Jail” space or by rolling doubles three times in a row) then your turn is over and you do not get to use the Speed Die for that turn.
• Use the white dice ONLY when rolling to get out of jail.
• Use the sum of all three dice when determining how much to pay on a utility, Note: The Bus and Mr. Monopoly are valued at 0.